This blog has moved. Visit www.tajafox.com
Or enter your email below for instant updates.

to stay updated on our progress.

10.13.2015

Bermuda in 24 Hours

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Crisp air and cooler weather. This is the perfect opportunity to go out and explore the beautiful island of Bermuda like a real tourist would.

I realize it's so easy to get caught up with your day to day agenda. So I thought to myself maybe I need to become a tourist again just for a day to appreciate the island and its beauty.

However, I need to make sure that whatever I do, it must be budget friendly.  After much research, I came across Eventbrite listing paid and free events that I could attend. I love hearing the word FREE. Who doesn't?! I was pleased to find that I could attend a memorable event without a healthy bill. If you haven't used Eventbrite, its a worthy website that deserves a look before traveling to your final destination or even if you would like to promote your own event for that matter. 

Here's a locals perspective of what to do in Bermuda in just 24 hours. 

Breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. 
 
There is nothing like having the view of the Atlantic Ocean as you enjoy a superb breakfast from Pompano Beach Club. My husband and I love their menu option for breakfast/brunch. They offer a lavish buffet from sliced fruits, pastries to bacon/sausage with waffles or eggs benedict. All served in or outside of their beautiful Cedar Room.

Next stop, a little site seeing... 
Everyone knows Bermuda is known for its gorgeous beaches. So why not take an hour or two to enjoy the pink sand and the crystal clear blue waters. I think I went to the beach more this year just to take in the view. It's so peaceful - you honestly forget about your tasking agenda.  

If you are not up for going to the beach, take the ferry to Dockyard. There are museums, mini golf, and so many places to get a souvenir.  I personally enjoy going to Dockyard just for their beautifully handcrafted art. I recently purchased a Gombey sculpture for my husband from Bermuda Glassworks. It's amazing to see the process of glassblowing and flame working.

After you've enjoyed site seeing, take the ferry back to Hamilton to enjoy lunch, shopping and dinner in the city. From Front Street to Church Street, you will surely find something you'll love. 

Marcus Bermuda is my new favorite restaurant for lunch and dinner. Located in Hamilton Princess, Marcus Bermuda gives one of the best cuisine with bold taste and vibrant dishes. Try their fish chowder bites. They are amazingly delicious! 


One of my favorite places to shop is Brown n Co. They have everything from greeting cards, magazines and to even home decor. It's like a one stop shop for everything. 


Another great thing about being in Bermuda during Fall, you have to stop by the City Arts Festival. It's free admission showcasing live performances, street art and food vendors to please any food craving. I enjoy attending city festivals in town. It's a great way to connect with the locals of Bermuda while enjoying a causal night out. 

 
Now that we've explored some of my go to places in Bermuda. I think it's time to plan my next destination outside of the island on Eventbrite. 








No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe

Instagram

Pages

Explore the Blog

Find Me At