This blog has moved. Visit www.tajafox.com
Or enter your email below for instant updates.

to stay updated on our progress.

3.28.2016

Blogging Routine

It's going to be a year this April since I started Shavae Blog, and although I try to post at least 2 times a week, I have begun to realize that working full time prompts a much-needed blogging routine. Some days are busier than others, and dealing with my time productively is crucial for a consistent schedule. 

Here are a few things that helped me keep a consistent blogging routine, and I hope it helps you too. 

Organizing Posts: There are so many ideas that I have, which comes to me at random times. I have to quickly jot them down on my phone and/or a notepad. At times, I even create an outline post and later organize the topic and content through my monthly planner. This tends to help me when I go back to refer to my notes (per say) before I write out the entire post. 


Editorial Calendar/ Scheduling: In order for me to post as frequently as I do, I have to plan and schedule my posts through my editorial calendar. This is vital, especially when working with companies to plan to promote their products efficiently and effectively. It's easy and actually fun when you get the hang of it. :)


Promotion: Knowing how, when and where to share your blogs content is key to driving traffic to your blog. It's not easy promoting your own content, however, you grow as a blogger when you realize what your audience loves to read just by sharing it. Take advantage of social media. It's free, full of sources and the perfect place to share your content, daily. 

Writing Content: When it's time to schedule a post, I usually write the content in it's entirety, leave it for an hour or two and then refer back to it in case I forgot to add something and of course, check for errors. 

Photography: Great content is everything but without the proper images to accompany a post it makes your blog less appealing. If it's overwhelming to provide your own images have someone take photos of you. When I can, I  have my outfit posts taken for me.

It also helps to have a great DSLR Camera with multiple lenses. Having a prime lens and a zoom lens is key to capturing a variety of images.  If you are a great planner, take your pictures in bulk. It helps with the creative process and you'll always have a photo at your fingertips in case something comes up. 


What is your blogging routine? 
How do you maintain a consistent schedule while creating great content for your readers? 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe

Instagram

Pages

Explore the Blog

Find Me At